Experienced Director / Creative Director with extensive hands-on experience in direction, design, animation and editing.
Working with leading design and animation studios, directed the production of commercials, title sequences, film trailers and network promos for the world’s largest brands, agencies, and network clients. Able to effectively assess client needs, generate unique solutions and communicate objectives clearly with team of artists and producers. Always pushing for innovative, fresh and surprising design solutions while balancing established brand guidelines and objectives.
Comfortable directing live action shoots, fully animated sequences and everything in between. Directed extensive green-screen, set and location shoots at home in Los Angeles, across the country and around the world. Supervised award winning 3d animated projects, 2d motion graphics pieces and many combinations of experimental digital tools and traditional art techniques.
Created Hexeosis to post original GIF artworks on social media. While participating in several on-line exhibitions, article features and internet cultural moments, Hexeosis has grown to over 125k followers on Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Ello. Launched a successful Kickstarter campaign backed by hundreds of fans, created an on-line store shipping to customers all over the world and completed a number of client-direct projects including album cover designs, music videos, promotional GIFs and more.
Creative Director / Founder
Hexeosis, Santa Monica CA June 2013 - Present
• Hexeosis has over 125k social media followers
• Completed successful Kickstarter campaign
• Web store has shipped items to customers all over the world
• Delivered high quality client direct projects including album covers, posters and music videos
• Featured in many exhibitions, shows and articles
Creative Director / Director (freelance)
Los York, Santa Monica CA May 2016 - August 2016
• Directed launch videos for Fitbit Charge 2 and Fitbit Flex 2
• Responsible for concept development, live action direction and post production supervision
Creative Director (freelance)
72andSunny, Playa Vista CA July 2015 - September 2015
• Directed various motion graphics projects for clients including Google Chromecast, Fox Sports, Target, Starbucks and more
Creative Director / Director (freelance)
Brand New School, Santa Monica CA April 2014 - November 2014
• Lead successful pitches for some of the world’s largest brands
• Assessed client needs and strategized creative approaches
• Creative Directed animated television spots for Google and Nature Made and network promos for HGTV
• Directed live action shoots for Subway and Purina
Creative Director / Director
Blind Inc, Santa Monica CA June 2006 - July 2013
• Creative Director for various live action, 3d animation and motion graphics projects for advertising, film and television
• Managed all creative aspects of projects from concept and design through production to delivery
• Recruited talent, assembled teams of designers, animators and artists
• Responsible for creating and presenting pitch materials, storyboards and written briefs to clients
• Clients include American Airlines, Pringles, Chilli’s, First National Bank, Russell, AT&T, Microsoft, Verizon and more
Editor / Art Director
Blind Inc, Santa Monica CA January 2001 - June 2006
• Editor, Designer and Art Director for many advertising, film and television projects.
• Designed title sequences for television shows, including How I Met Your Mother, Watching Elle and Commando Nanny
• Created network promos for Fuse, SpikeTV and more
Editor, Designer and Animator
Freelance, Los Angeles CA July 1997 - January 2001
• Freelance editor, designer and animator for various clients including RealTV, The Food Network, The History Channel, Lifetime Network
yU+co, Hollywood CA May 1998 - September 1999
• Freelance Editor for feature film main title sequences including Enemy of the State, The Thomas Crown Affair and Lost Souls
• Edited spots for Intel, HBO, Showtime and film trailer for Dolby Digital
Editor / Producer
Creative West, Hollywood CA April 1996 - July 1997
• Produced trailers, sales promos, television spots and EPK's for feature films.
• Created budgets and client quotes for all projects.
• Scheduled and supervised narration, video on-line and audio mix sessions.
• Edited trailers and spots on Avid editing systems.
• Designed and animated titles for trailers and promos.
Post Production Supervisor / Assistant Editor
Creative Partnership, Hollywood CA September 1994 - April 1996
• Assisted producers and editors to create trailers, promos, and tv ads for feature films.
• Participated in entire process from creative meetings through final delivery.